Appveyor windows build

I’m trying to reproduce the appveyor Windows build and running into failures. This is on a fork which is identical wrt upstream master (as of today). The build failure is here:

I’ve also tried removing the -Werror to proceed, but then run into link errors like
C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/…/lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/10.2.0/…/…/…/…/x86_64-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe: …/libhtp/htp/.libs/libhtp.a(htp_multipart.o): in function strncat': C:/msys64/mingw64/x86_64-w64-mingw32/include/string.h:246: undefined reference to __strncat_chk’

Since none of these errors occur on the upstream suricata repo, I’m thinking it might be the appveyor configuration that’s different. In my fork, the appveyor config is unchanged from its defaults. Are there any specific config changes made on the OISF/suricata appveyor ? (As far as I can tell these are only visible when logged into the relevant appveyor account).


None of the links appear to work for me, so its hard to say. AFAIR there is no specific config in appveyor that we changed.

I have seen this error before btw, but I don’t remember the exact issue. I think the fix can either be found in our appveyor.yml or in our I would suggest tracing the commits to those 2 files.

Thanks Julien. In the meantime I found out that the upstream build uses the Visual Studio 2015 image, while mine was on image: Visual Studio 2019. I’ve switched it to the older image and the build works. I’m haven’t yet dug in to figure out what’s different (I’m assuming the errors are related to different libs and/or compiler versions between the two images).