Error make in Suricata 6.0.0

Hi,

This is the first time this has happened to me. It didn’t happen to me with the 6.0.0rc1 meerkat. It is a bug with sphinx-build that I am unable to fix now.

The ./configure is correct.

Ubuntu 18.04

sphinx-build 3.3.0+

./configure --prefix=/usr/bin --sysconfdir=/etc/suricata6 --localstatedir=/var/log/suricata6 --enable-hiredis --enable-pie --enable-coccinelle --enable-nfqueue --enable-af-packet --with-libnspr-includes=/usr/include/nspr4 --enable-jansson --enable-geoip --enable-lua --enable-rust --enable-profiling --enable-lzma --with-libhs-includes=/usr/local/include/hs/ --with-libhs-libraries=/usr/local/lib/ --enable-pfring --with-libpcre-libraries=/usr/local/lib --enable-netmap

make:

Thanks,

Hi,

I just saw that sudo make install-full does work and install correctly:

/usr/bin/bin/suricata -V
This is Suricata version 6.0.0 RELEASE

Thanks,

Hi @suricatalfon!
I checked the entire installation on a fresh Ubuntu 18.04 container as per our installation guide. I did not see this error.
Is it possible that this package was removed on your system by mistake?
Could you please try doing pip install packaging?
Please let me know if that does not help.

Hi

It’s funny, because I have 6.0.0rc1 installed and I had no problems. I have multiple 6.0.0r1 installations and all are fine. In this case (6.0.0 stable), the errors are with make, but not with sudo make install-full.

Sphinx-build is correctly installed: make

$ sphinx-build --version
sphinx-build 3.3.0+

I have done the make again and now it gives me another different error :frowning:

make[1]: se sale del directorio '/home/alfon/install/suricata-6.0.0/etc'
Making all in python
make[1]: se entra en el directorio '/home/alfon/install/suricata-6.0.0/python'
cd . && \
	/usr/bin/python3 setup.py build --build-base "/home/alfon/install/suricata-6.0.0/python"
running build
running build_py
copying suricata/config/defaults.py -> /home/alfon/install/suricata-6.0.0/python/lib/suricata/config
error: could not delete '/home/alfon/install/suricata-6.0.0/python/lib/suricata/config/defaults.py': Permission denied
Makefile:541: fallo en las instrucciones para el objetivo 'all-local'
make[1]: *** [all-local] Error 1
make[1]: se sale del directorio '/home/alfon/install/suricata-6.0.0/python'
Makefile:491: fallo en las instrucciones para el objetivo 'all-recursive'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

2020-10-08T22:00:00Z

Just now I have done the make again but with sudo, then sudo make install and it works correctly.

/usr/bin/bin$ sudo ./suricata -T -vv -c /etc/suricata/suricata.yaml

Thanks,