Install Suricata KDE Fedora 32

How do I get a daemon working on Fedora? I installed suricata on Fedora 32 KDE using dnf install suricata. That installed ok, but now I don’t know how to make a server and test that it prevents firefox intrusions. I intend to use suricata to prevent metasploit attacks on the RAM of my firefox browser and block them. Can you help me test it is working and share the code you did to configure suricata to work as a daemon service/server. So far it it is not working. What do I put at the commandline to protect firefox get the suricata server daemon running on Fedora 32 KDE?

It was not working until I edited the resulting of ip link show and matched it on -i
ip link show
suricata -D -c /etc/suricata/suricata.yaml -i wls1

Now I do not know if it is protecting firefox

From what you describe you are after, I don’t think Suricata is the correct tool for the job. Suricata works on packets read off the network, as they are on the network. However, attacks targetting Firefox are probably going to be URLs you click on, and are most likely going to be over https, which Suricata can’t see inside of.

Our CentOS guides are applicable to Fedora as well which can help you get Suricata running as a background service: Guide: Getting Started on CentOS 8 and CentOS 7