Interface Merging / Network Packet Broker Recommendations

Hi Guys,

first of all, I want to say that I think this forum is a great idea. Thanks for setting this up :slight_smile:

I hope this is not too off-topic for this forum: I am using suricata as the key component for several network sensors based on Myricom 10G dual interface NICs.
Currently, I am having a problem with flows arriving on different interfaces (loadbalancing scenarios in datacenters). I tried to use the merging feature of the myri_snf driver but ran into a bunch of problems which is why I am looking for alternative ways to handle this.
At the moment, Network Packet Brokers appear to be the most elegant choice to me. Does anyone have any recommendations for a particular good/cost-efficient model (as always budget is tight…) or general advice regarding NBPs? Feature-wise I actually only want to merge and possibly filter out some traffic.

Or maybe someone has an entirely different approach on this?

Thanks in advance,
Fabian

What kind of issues were you seeing with the merging?

There were some driver issues that led to a kernel panic whenever I started any application with the “merging flag” set on the sensors. I had some back and forth with the myricom support regarding that but nothing came out of it in the end.