Suricata issue once test the suricata.yaml configuration

Dear team

Would you please help me with the below error message

18/8/2022 – 11:29:32 - - [ERRCODE: SC_ERR_CONF_YAML_ERROR(242)] - App-Layer protocol sip enable status not set, so enabling by default. This behavior will change in Suricata 7, so please update your config. See ticket #4744 for more details.
18/8/2022 – 11:29:32 - - [ERRCODE: SC_ERR_CONF_YAML_ERROR(242)] - App-Layer protocol mqtt enable status not set, so enabling by default. This behavior will change in Suricata 7, so please update your config. See ticket #4744 for more details.
18/8/2022 – 11:29:32 - - [ERRCODE: SC_ERR_CONF_YAML_ERROR(242)] - App-Layer protocol rdp enable status not set, so enabling by default. This behavior will change in Suricata 7, so please update your config. See ticket #4744 for more details.

Best regards

You can fix these errors by editing you suricata.yaml configuration file app-layer: section

Under protocols: , make sure that the above protocols are enabled, example

mqtt:
  enabled: yes

Make sure to restart suricata after editing the file

Hi IDSTower

Thank you for your speedy response

After following the steps that you recommended, the issue still persists

Best regards

Hi,

There are 2 sections within the configuration file that contain protocol-specific enablement

• Output
  • App-layer

The first controls whether the protocols are logged while the second controls whether the protocols are enabled for application layer parsing.

The error/warning messages refer to the app-layer controls. The settings you changed are in the output section.

Hi Jeff

The issue is resolved, thank you for your support :slightly_smiling_face:

Shall i remove the settings that i have modified in the output section

Keep them if you want those protocols transactions in addition to alerts, otherwise remove them.

Good day

Well noted, thank you IDS Tower