December 24 to March 25 Outreachy round: Introduce yourselves here!

Hello there all applications of the December 2024 - March 2025 Outreachy cohort!

Welcome to our community and our forum. We’re excited to receive you all here!

If you haven’t done so, please go through the pinned post that explains the Outreachy category.

This thread is for all mentors and applicants to introduce themselves, and only that.
If you have any questions or suggestions, check our Outreachy Contribution Rounds FAQ, or create a new topic.

Feel free to choose the length of your introduction. We just want to learn a bit about everybody. I’ll go first. :smiley:

:wave: I am Juliana
Pronouns: She/Her (They/them is also fine)
I am a member of the Suricata developer’s team
:woman_genie: I’ll be one of your mentors for OISF
I’m also the Outreachy community coordinator for OISF
:notebook: I have an abandoned blog
:eyes: jufajardini (@jufajardini@infosec.exchange) - Infosec Exchange
:e-mail: Contact me at jufajardini [at] oisf [dot] net in case of any CoC violations or anything you do not feel comfortable sharing in public.

:brazil: I am from Brazil =]
:heart_eyes: past Outreachy intern
:biking_woman:t3: I love moving my body: biking, rollerblading, running, swimming, parkouring…
:cat2: I’m a cat person. I’m an animal person. I’m a tree person! :deciduous_tree:
:luggage: I like traveling, and try to do that a lot

Adding, inspired by Jason and Victor:
:mantelpiece_clock: Timezone: UTC - 7 during the contribution phase
On Discord, I’m Juliana Fajardini :slight_smile:

5 Likes

:wave: I am Philippe
Pronouns: He/Him
:man_genie: I’ll be one of your mentors for OISF
:eyes: catenacyber
:e-mail: Contact me at pantoine [at] oisf [dot] net

:fr: I am from France
:soccer: I love to plat football…

4 Likes

Hello Everyone!

4 Likes

:wave: I am Shivani
Pronouns: She/Her (They/them is also fine)
:woman_genie: I’ll be one of your mentors for OISF
:spider_web: https://shivanibhardwaj.com
:e-mail: Contact me at shivani [at] oisf [dot] net in case of any CoC violations or anything you do not feel comfortable sharing in public.
:india: : I am from India

2 Likes

Hi all!

:wave: I am Victor
:man: Pronouns: He/Him
:mantelpiece_clock: Timezone: Europe/Amsterdam
:genie: I’ll be one of your mentors for OISF.
:briefcase: Leading the Suricata development effort.
:email: Contact me at vjulien@oisf.net in case of any CoC violations or anything you might not feel comfortable sharing in public.
:open_file_folder: In the past, I’ve mostly done Open source C development.
:elephant: Mastodon at Victor Julien (@inliniac@mastodon.social) - Mastodon
:notebook: Blog at https://blog.inliniac.net/
:netherlands: I am from the Netherlands

4 Likes
  • :wave: I am Vagisha
  • Pronouns: She/Her
  • I am a past outreachy intern with OISF, currently working with Red Piranha (one of OISF’s consortium members)
  • I’ll be assisting during the Outreachy contribution phase by answering questions in Discord, the forum, and offering help wherever needed.
  • :e-mail: Contact me at vagishagupta23@gmail.com, LinkedIn
  • :india: I am from India
4 Likes
  • :wave: I am Modupe :slightly_smiling_face:
  • :nigeria: I am from Nigeria
  • :books: I love reading murder mystery novels :grinning: and I am a scout :camping:
  • I am a past Outreachy intern with OISF.
  • I’ll be assisting during the Outreachy contribution phase by answering questions here on the forum/ on Discord.
  • :e-mail: Contact me at falodunmodupeola@gmail.com, LinkedIn
3 Likes
  • :wave:Hello everyone
  • I am Nancy from Kenya :kenya:
  • I am an aspiring intern with outreachy,am in the contribution stage
  • Looking forward to add meaningful contributions to this community
  • i am new to opensource so learning on the go
  • happy to be here
  • my pronouns she/her
4 Likes

Hello, I am Usman Akinyemi and preferred to be called Unique

Pronouns: He/Him

I am from Nigeria and currently studying in Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence India.

I love Linux and like to convince people to switch to Linux.

I recently got selected for the contribution stage and I hope to learn make a meaningful impact to the organization.

I also love the vibes in the organization.

Github Profile - Unique-Usman · GitHub

4 Likes

Hello everyone! :slight_smile:

• :wave: I am Alice
  • :brazil: I am from Brazil
  • I have two dogs and two guinea pigs
  • I love to swim and I am recently practicing muay thai :swimming_woman: :boxing_glove:
  • I participated in the contribution period in 2022 and I’m happy to be here again to learn more! :smile:
2 Likes

Hello everyone,
I am Adekemi, I am from Nigeria
Pronouns: She/Her
I am a new outreachy applicant looking forward to making meaningful contributions and also being an outreachy intern
I love working in a team because it helps me grow and inspires me to be the best version of myself
Excited to be here and looking forward to contributing and benefiting positively!

3 Likes

Hi everyone!

:wave: I am Sam
:woman:t2: Pronouns: She/Her (They/them is also fine)
:mantelpiece_clock: Timezone: Cairo/Egypt - UTC+3
:star_struck: I’m a past outreachy intern with OISF - my documented joureny as an intern - (https://ghostinthehive.wordpress.com/)
:briefcase: Currently I’m a malware researcher and offensive capabilities engineer at Egypt’s National CERT.
:pray:t2: Iam happy to assist you on your journey and offer a helping hand whenever needed, here and on Discord.

:writing_hand:t2: I have a blog - mostly malware stuff - (https://ghostinthehive.gitbook.io)
:e-mail: Here is my infocard for contacts - (https://ghostinthehive.xyz), Iam active on Discord as ghostinthehive too.

I wish you all the best!

4 Likes

Hello Everyone!
I am Ashabori Mayurakkhi, from Dhaka, Bangladesh.
I am an aspiring intern for this project.
I love reading, traveling, music and learning about ethical hacking. While I am only still a beginner in the last, I hope to keep learning and become better. :smiley:

4 Likes

Hi everyone!

• I am Abdulaziz :wave:
  • I am from Gaza, Palestine :palestinian_territories:
  • Pronouns: He/Him
  • I am interested in low-level programming and security :closed_lock_with_key:, so I think this community would be a perfect fit for me
  • This is my first time contributing to open source, and I am very excited to learn and grow :grinning:
  • I look forward to your guidance and help during this month!
4 Likes

Hey all!

We’re happy to see all the new (and returning!) faces here, and for your interest in our project.

It’s cool that some of you already have some InfoSec/ Hacking / Security experience!

We appreciate the efforts that all of you are making in accepting the challenges to contribute to open source, regardless of any other challenges in your lives.

All that said: we’re looking forward to learning what tickets you’ll be interested in working with (through our Redmine), and to help with any questions you have (feel free to use the forum for this!).

In case you have missed it, this Friday (October 4th), we’re having an informal call with any Outreachy applicants who would like to maybe learn a few tricks on setting up and running Suricata, as well as a couple of tools that could be helpful for your Suricata development work. You can register for it here: Meeting Registration - Zoom

3 Likes

Hello everyone,

I’m Faith Ogolo from Nigeria,
Pronoun: she/her
I’m excited to be an Outreachy applicant, and this is my first time contributing to open source. I’m eager to learn, grow, and make impactful contributions to the community.

I’m passion about securing organizational assets and thrives in the cybersecurity space.
Outside of tech, I find joy in nurturing my garden, watching plants grow is one of my favorite hobbies.

I’m looking forward to connecting and collaborating with you all

5 Likes

Hello Everyone

• I am Anointing :wave:

• Pronoun : he / him

• I am from Nigeria

• I am an Outreachy Applicant with a few years in open source contribution. I am looking forward to making meanful and extensive contributions while also creating a relationship and becoming a long term contributor

• I am excited to get started and enjoy the experience :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have just registered for it. Just to make sure, the meeting will begin 1 hour 20 mins from now?

In a bit less than 30 minutes, now! :slight_smile: