We are pleased to announce the release of Suricata 7.0.0-rc1. Since the beta release, we’ve worked hard to get to the point where we feel we’re very close to the 7 final. We would like to invite everyone to help test this release candidate and report about your experiences or any red flags.
- AF_XDP support by Richard McConnell at Rapid7
- TLS: client cert logging and detection
- Dataset improvements, including IP sets
- Bittorrent parser by Aaron Bungay
- IPS: new default DROP behavior for exception policies
- SMB: many fixes and optimizations
- Tickets: Closed 100+ (7.0.0-rc1 - Suricata - Open Information Security Foundation)
- Code: 705 files changed, 21302 insertions(+), 15477 deletions(-)
- Commits: 476
For the changes in Beta1, please see Suricata 7.0.0-beta1 Released
Get the release candidate here:
Tickets for 7.0.0-rc1: 7.0.0-rc1 - Suricata - Open Information Security Foundation
Aaron Bungay, Alice Akaki, Bazzan Don, Daniel Young, Gabriel Lima Luz, Haleema
Khan, Jason Taylor, Richard McConnell, Simeon Miteff, Todd Mortimer, Coverity,
Suricata is a high-performance Network Threat Detection, IDS, IPS, and Network Security Monitoring engine. Open source and owned by a community-run non-profit foundation, the Open Information Security Foundation (OISF). Suricata is developed by OISF, its supporting vendors, and the community.