We are pleased to announce the release of Suricata 7.0.0-rc2.
Since 7.0.0-rc1, we’ve kept working hard to ensure we’d release 7.0.0 this Summer. We invite everyone to help test this new release candidate and report your experiences and/or any red flags.
Get the release here:
7.0.0-rc2 - https://www.openinfosecfoundation.org/download/suricata-7.0.0-rc2.tar.gz
Tickets for 7.0.0-rc2: 7.0.0-rc2 - Suricata - Open Information Security Foundation
- New detection logic for “multi-buffer” keywords like
- New lighter rule profiling mode by Eric Leblond
file.dataMPM split per app protocol
- Many DPDK improvements: bonding interfaces, virtio, and many more things
- SMTP fixes
- HTTP/HTTP2 new keywords for header inspection
- Improvements to IPS drop handling and exception policies
- Stream engine fixes and improvements
- Many stability fixes and improvements
- Fixed WinDivert build
- General code quality improvements
- Suricata is now “scan-build” clean, with CI check added
- Include libhtp 0.5.44
- Rust: updated crate versions
RC1 release notes: Suricata 7.0.0-rc1 released
- Tickets: Closed 100+ (7.0.0-rc2 - Suricata - Open Information Security Foundation)
- 30 people committed a total of 601 commits
- 658 files changed, 16280 insertions(+), 20924 deletions(-)
Alex, Angelo Mirabella, Arne Welzel, Bazzan Don, Bill Meeks, Cole Dishington, Eloy Pérez González, Eric Leblond, Gabriel Lima Luz, Gianni Tedesco, Gleb Smirnoff, Haleema Khan, Ilya Bakhtin, jason taylor, Jeremy MountainJohnson, John Dewey, Josh Stroschein, Justin Azoff, Kirby Kuehl, Lancer Cheng, Long Doan, Luke Coughlan, Mats Klepsland, Maxim Korotkov, Michael Tremer, Modupe Falodun, Morris Chan, Odin Jenseg, Rafael Girão, Sascha Steinbis, Scott Jordan, Simon Dugas,
Steven Ottenhoff, Thomas Norheim, tianjinshan, Wes Hurd, William Correia, Oss-Fuzz, Coverity.
Suricata is a high-performance Network Threat Detection, IDS, IPS, and Network Security Monitoring engine - open source and owned by a community-run non-profit foundation, the Open Information Security Foundation (OISF). Suricata is developed by OISF, its supporting vendors, and the community.