Upgrade to suricata 6 from 4

Hello

I want to upgrade our current corporate suricata from 4.1.4 to 6. This runs on 300 servers that are CentOS 7 with python 2.7.5

Do I need to upgrade to suricata 5 first?
Do we need python upgrade?
We run a python-jinja2-2.7.2-2.el7.noarch as part of automation. Do we need upgrade?
As always, thanks for your answers.

Also is rust 6.0.2 and suricata-debuginfo 6.0.2 required? We’ve at my company run all three up to suricata 4.1.4, the current version.

This has to be built by us as an rpm cause there are a lot of config arguments, like lua and hiredis, FYI

We have a CentOS 7 RPM repo for Suricata 6.0. Please see Guide: Suricata RPMs for CentOS and Fedora.

This only depends on packages that are in the base distribution or EPEL and will still use Python 2 on CentOS 7.

You do not have to upgrade to Suricata 5 first as Suricata does no automated migration of configuration files. So you can save yourself some time by moving directly to 6 and manually updating your configuration files. See 4. Upgrading — Suricata 6.0.2 documentation for more info what may need to be attended to.

Yes, saw the install, but for my company, need an rpm that i will build. Also:

Also is rust 6.0.2 and suricata-debuginfo 6.0.2 required? We’ve at my company run all three up to suricata 4.1.4, the current version.

Rust is required to build Suricata 6, but not required to run it from a pre-compiled binary.

You do not need debuginfo RPMs to run Suricata, unless you are trying to debug with a debugger and so on.

The source for RPMs on the OISF COPR repos is available here: GitHub - jasonish/suricata-rpms: Suricata RPMs for CentOS/RHEL and Fedora